Thanks to all who were able to join the round table discussion with our Marine Mammal Bycatch Working Group to learn about their main findings and final products on how to assess and manage marine mammal bycatch. All Working Group products are linked below and the event recording is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMX_fggxpw4
Final Products of the Marine Mammal Bycatch Working Group:
- Marine Mammal Bycatch Fact Sheet
- Best practices to assess and management bycatch of marine mammals
- Estimating abundance of marine mammal populations
- Estimating bycatch mortality for marine mammals
- Can we manage marine mammal bycatch effectively in low data environments?
- Robustness of potential biological removal
- Marine Mammal Bycatch Impacts Exploration Tool
- Case study applications:
Open access Special Research Topic issue of Frontiers in Marine Science on Assessment Approaches to Support Bycatch Management for Marine Mammals (edited by Working Group members André Punt, Jeff Moore, Randall Reeves, and Tessa Francis).